The Manor House in Studené


Address and contact details

Tomášovská 20, 90046

Most pri Bratislave, Studené, slovensko

Continue to website


Share this page

footer twitter icon email share icon footer facebook icon

The manor house in Studené (a village section of Most pri Bratislave) was likely built in the 17th century by the Hideghéthy family as a single-story Renaissance building. According to another version, it was originally a monastery that Ján Balassa had rebuilt and expanded with an additional floor into a Classicist manor house at the beginning of the 19th century. The building went through many owners (Bertalanffy, Jeszenák, Balassa, Bittera, Mühlig, Horändner, Strasser, Frič) who altered it multiple times, causing it to completely lose its original appearance.

After 1948, a children’s home was established in the manor house, which later became a reform school for girls.

As part of the restitution process, the Frič family reclaimed the building, and the institution had to vacate the premises in 1994. The Banking Clearing Center of Slovakia (Bankové zúčtovacie centrum Slovenska a.s.) became the new owner. Between 1998 and 1999, the manor house was renovated and expanded with side wings into a U-shaped structure. On May 25, 2000, the building reopened as a training and recreational center. Later, ownership passed to RVS, a.s., whose shareholders include the National Bank of Slovakia and commercial banks operating in Slovakia.

The original manor house (or monastery) was a single-story Renaissance building, as evidenced by its lighter foundations. A second story was added later. Prior to its modern extension, the manor was a seven-bay, two-story building covered with a hip roof. Its smooth facades were articulated only by rectangular windows in moldings with sill cornices and a string course separating the ground floor from the upper level. A small onion-domed turret stands in the middle of the roof. The ground-floor rooms feature barrel vaults, while the upper floor has flat ceilings.

The manor house is currently under private ownership and is not open to visitors.